The Dee Campbell Boathouse in Old Town Alexandria Virginia will host
its annual fall rowing program for novice and intermediate rowers.
This program is sponsored by the Alexandria Crew Boosters and is
open to students 8th grade and above from any school district who
would like to learn to row or sharpen their skills. The program is
coached by experienced coaches and will focus on sweep rowing with
some sculling opportunities for intermediate rowers.
Onsite Registration: Saturday, September 7, 2013 - 10:00 AM - Dee Campbell Rowing Center (1 Madison St. Alexandria, VA).
Online Registration: available until Saturday,
September 7, 2013 at the following address:
Swim Test: Saturday, September 7, 2013 - 1:00 to 2:00 PM - Swimming Pool: TBD.
Program Dates: Sep. 9 to Oct.11 - M-W-F from 4:15-6:15 at the Dee Campbell Boathouse.
- Youth Novice Sweep (for new rowers 7th grade and above)
- Youth Intermediate Sweep (for rowers who have rowed 1 competitive spring season)
If you'd like more information, contact Patrick Marquardt.FAQ:
- Can you miss registration and still participate?
- Yes, just bring a parent to sign forms and pay to any practice during the first week.
- Are scholarships available?
- Yes, partial scholarships are available to those with financial need.
- Do I have to take swim test?
- Yes, if you have rowed before your swim test should be on file with your program. If not, the swim test is offered registration day or a parent can sign the swim test form if they have seen their child complete the 100m swim and 2minute treading water. Make up tests will be arranged as needed.
- Do I need a VHSL (Virginia High School League)
- No, your VHSL physical should be on file at your school if you have done a sport before. If not, you can sign off that the rower is healthy enough to participate since our fall crew program is not affiliated with any one school. We urge all rowers interested in spring crew or sports to get their physicals done and on file early to avoid problems later!