Timing – Rowers at TC: TBD - Bus Departure: TBD -
Races: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM - Bus Return: TBD
All rowers who are rowing in the regatta must travel by bus to the event.
Race Schedule: Heat Sheets...
Location – Sandy Run Regional Park, 10450 Van Thompson Road, Fairfax Station, VA 22039
Spectators are welcome and CARPOOLING IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!!! There will be over 1200 rowers at this event and there is limited parking for spectators. There is a grandstand and lots of standing room in front of the finish line.
Directions – Drive time is ~35 minutes. Allow another hour to pay, park and hike to the grandstands in time for your rower’s race.
more information on directions and tips.
even more information on
Sandy Run Regional
Parking – There is limited parking available.
- Admission fee of $10 per vehicle to enter park.
- Parking is in Lot C, Lot D and Loisvale Lot (see picture above).
- Lot C, fills first, capacity 70.
- Lot D, fills second, capacity 200.
- Loisvale Lot, fills third, capacity 155.
- Van Thompson Lot, capacity 250.
Getting Around – Be prepared to walk!
There are two ways to get to the Grandstands:
- Take Park Trail from SW corner of Lot C to Grandstands. This is a moderate trail. From Lot C to Grandstands is 0.6 mile.
- Take shuttle from Lot C to Grandstands for a $2 fee. There may not be a shuttle from the Loisvale Lot to Lot C, only trail.
- Do not walk on the roads, only trails.
- Shuttles start running 45 minutes before the start of the first race.
To Bring – Binoculars, cameras and if rainy, boots and umbrellas. You are welcome to bring your own food, just remember you will have to carry whatever you bring.
- Concessions for visitors are available near the Grandstands.
- No pets.
- No bikes.
- Do not recommend bringing chairs as you will have to carry them on the trail or in shuttle buses (that may be full).
- The Grandstands have seating.
- More information at Sandy Run.
Rower Food – Alexandria Crew Boosters will
provide breakfast and lunch under a small tent near the trailers.
Breakfast will consist of bagels, muffins, fruit, granola bars and
water. Lunch will be sandwiches and snacks. Rowers
should always have a good breakfast before arriving at TCW for bus
ride to event.