Search TCW Crew Website
Spring Program Orientation Meeting RecapMonday, February 23, 2015 - Thanks to all of you who came out on Saturday for our kick-off event at the Dee Campbell Boathouse. I hope you got all of the information you needed. New parents, if you still have questions, please contact Sarah Conrad at email@example.com.
Spring crew practice started Monday, February 23! We are excited to begin a new season that will allow our young athletes to get in great shape, compete with teams from around the region and possibly the nation, and develop new friendships and experiences. It will be an incredible experience for rowers and families alike.
Just a reminder that each rower should have....
- Registered Instructions and online registration are available at TC Williams Spring 2015 Registration. Important: Only 8th-12th graders from ACPS can register for the Spring Programs. If you have not already paid, 8th grader rowers should bring checks for $50, and 9th-12th graders should bring checks in the amount of $170 made out to "ACB" to their coaches, with the name of the rower in the memo area.
- Checked Eligibility - All student athletes must be deemed ‘eligible’ by TC Williams High School requirements to participate in spring sports.
- Brought a completed VHSL (Virginia High School League) Physical Form to the TC Williams Athletic Office, or if the rower has a valid physical on record, advised the Athletic Office that he/she will participate in spring season crew.
- Filled out a US Rowing waiver: All athletes must complete and sign the US Rowing Online Waiver. A parent has to sign if you're under 18. Go to https://rosters.usrowing.org/waiver/USRowing.jsp and use the Club Code: LFPCS. Attached are further instructions.
- Passed a swim test at Chinquapin Recreation Center. If a rower did not have an opportunity to take the test on Saturday Feb 21st, he/she should talk to a coach immediately about rescheduling.
ACPS will provide bus transportation to and from weekday practices when school is in session. Below is the bus information for getting to the Boat house:
- From GW: 43, 49
- From FH: 65
- From MH: 18, 68
- From TC: 4, 24, 66
Lost an I-Phone? We found one in the snow outside of the boathouse after the kickoff meeting on Saturday. If you think it is your, please contact Sarah Conrad (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide a description.
Volunteering: As we discussed on Saturday, we are an all-volunteer organization, and we need all families to make a contribution in some way to support our rowers. If you did not have a chance to volunteer during the meeting, please watch for volunteer opportunities on the website http://www.tcwcrew.org/.
Throughout the season, we will be providing regular updates by email, on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/alexandria.crewboosters), and on the website. Please watch for new information and contact us if you have any questions.
We hope to see you all this spring for another great season of TC crew!
Steve Scroggs, President, Alexandria Crew Boosters
© Copyright 2013 Alexandria Crew Boosters Club, Inc. - PO Box 3202, Alexandria, VA 22302. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Contact the webmaster.